Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Heart New York


I love New York City. Just spent the weekend there with my bestest friends from college, just us girls hanging around, shopping and eating and drinking. And laughing. I swear, my throat hurt from laughing so much. We all find one another infinitely amusing, even though other people would probably find us infinitely stupid.

When I was in the city my friend Kari and I went to the village to see my friend and fellow writer Alison Pace. I blurbed Alison's first book what feels like years ago (it was actually probably 5 or 6 or 7 years ago). I loved the book (IF ANDY WARHOL HAD A GIRLFRIEND). And then I was lucky enough to meet Alison, have her contribute to EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A GIRL I LEARNED FROM JUDY BLUME, and hang out with her when I get to the city. This time I also got to meet her dog, Carlie, who is quite charming.


That's the three of us. Carlie wasn't into posing and looks a tad blurry, but you can still see how cute she is.

No comments: