Anyone who's been on Facebook lately has seen the Random 25 Things postings. Everyone is passing it around and encouraging their friends to answer it. I've received it a few times but haven't actually written any responses. 25 seems like a lot. So I decided to post something here - only I have 15 random things. A lot more managable.
1. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life and hate anything coffee-flavored.
2. I didn't eat pasta until I was 25 years old. Never liked it.
3. I was interviewed on CNN when my first book came out. The hair and make-up people used a flat-iron on my hair and MAC Pink Poodle lip gloss on my lips. They both looked great. Immediately went out and bought a flat iron and the lip gloss.
4. I am no degrees from Kevin Bacon. I was interviewed on a NY TV morning show and Kevin was on it with his band. He was in the green room next to me. Took himself very seriously. Not a nice guy.
5. Met Dee Snider of Twisted Sister when I did a TV show in Philadelphia. A great guy. Had so much fun talking to him, even got some good Bon Jovi stories.
6. When I got married I walked down the aisle to Tesla's Love Song on acoustic guitar. You can ">listen to it here.
7. I love 80s hair bands.
8. I still have my favorite pair of Levis from college, rips, bandanas and all.
9. My husband wrote a song for me. It's fabulous. Don't know how to put it on the Internet, otherwise I'd let you listen to it. It's called Walk Around Walden because when we first started dating we took a walk around Walden Pond one day.
9. The summer after my sophomore year of high school I spent 6 weeks at the Rhode Island School of Design for a summer program. My parents thought I was artistically talented. After 2 days there I realized I wasn't. But it was an absolute blast.
10. Eleven years after I attended the RISD program my best friend from college told me the name of a girl she sat next to at work (she worked at Harper's Bazaar in NYC). Turned out it was my roommate from my summer at RISD.
11. I am a HUGE believer in the small world theory. I run into random people in random places and meet people who know people, etc.
12. I ran into my best friend from 6th, 7th and 8th grade at a bar in Chicago over 27 years after I left public school and went to private school. I hadn't seen her since 8th grade. Turns out we'd both moved to Chicago from CT and she was meeting the same group of guys I was at the bar with. See, small world.
13. I think Alanis Morissette is a brilliant, brilliant song writer. She writes what I think.
14. My dad is an actor in LA.
15. My husband and I brought friends with us on our honeymoon. Figured we had our whole lives to travel together, but taking a cool trip with friends would only get more complicated with time, so we took advantage of the opportunity.
There you go!