Sunday, February 17, 2008

An Ode to Meatloaf

My friend Jennifer has always had a fantasy about creating a place where meatloaf lovers can come together and celebrate the greatness that is a little chopped meat tossed with spices and a pinch of something special (my something special is Worcestershire sauce and Romano cheese). So Jennifer decided to create just a place with her Meetloaferie blog. Check it out, she'll have opinion pieces, favorite recipes and fascinating meatloaf facts to share. In fact, I'm so inspired it's what we'll be having for dinner tonight with some mashed potatos, which, in my opinion, is the perfect sidedish. Yum.

Jennifer's ode to meatloaf got me to thinking: what food would I pay homage to? Mashed potatos come to mind because there are so many ways to make them. Or chocolate ice cream. I'm a very picky chocolate ice cream fan. Haagan Daaz is my favorite, I think. There's also a place in Illinois called Culvers and they make chocolate frozen custard. It is to DIE for. Cheesecake. Love cheesecake. I could absolutely devote an entire blog to cheesecake. What about you?

No comments: