Sunday, December 14, 2008

Haagen-Dazs with those Scrambled Eggs?

We were one of the homes without power due to the ice storm. That meant no heat, no water (we have a well) and basically nothing we're used to having on a daily basis. So, as Friday wore on and it looked like the power wasn't coming on any time soon, we went into Boston and checked into a hotel.

Which was lovely. And festive, being all decorated for the holidays and all.

Then we came back home on Saturday and there was light!!!

And stuff in the freezer had become slightly melted. Like the two containers of Haagen-Dazs ice cream (chocolate and vanilla).

So this morning, Sunday, when I got up I was in the mood for a milkshake. And I figured that ice cream probably went bad if you let it sit around too long after it's begun to melt.

I made myself scrambled eggs and a big glass of chocolate milkshake. Then I made a vanilla one too, and the kids had milkshakes for breakfast, too.

I've decided that we should have milkshakes for breakfast more often, because even at 9:00 in the morning, a milkshake tastes pretty damn good.

No comments: