Saturday, June 14, 2008

Behind the Pages of LOCAL GIRLS: #3

Ghosts. Not a big fan. I remember in fourth grade our librarian was reading us "real" ghost stories and everyone was loving them - I sat there with my hands over my ears. I just never liked the idea of being haunted by dead people.

But in LOCAL GIRLS there are ghosts. Or at least a ghost tour. Last summer I went on the Edgartown ghost tour and loved it, loved hearing about the sightings in old homes, who was haunting what in a place that has such a rich history. So I decided that Kendra and Henry would tag along on the tour, too. Of course, something happens on the tour that scares Kendra way more than a hazy image of a dead person, and it sets off a series of events that gets Kendra into a situation that she can't quite figure how to get out of.

So, yes, there really is a ghost tour of Edgartown. And that's why it's in the book. But I didn't include any ghosts, because the land of the living is dramatic enough.

Win a LOCAL GIRLS/RICH BOYS t-shirt that is so cool for summer. It's so easy:
1. email me at jenny@jennyoconnell.com and put "contest" in the subject line
2. I will email you back (see I said it was easy)
3. When you receive my email forward it to as many friends as you want, but make sure you cc: me. This way I'll know that you passed it along.
4. As soon as I receive the email you've forwarded, you're entered!Want to have even more chances to win?
5. Have your friends forward the email on to their friends, but make sure you have them cc: me so you get credit (you'll be entered each time and they'll also be entered in the contest).

So, basically, email me, I'll email you back, you forward the email to your friends and the chain begins!

No comments: